ATLANTA, GA and CHATTANOOGA, TN – (August 15, 2014)
This summer, Richmont partnered with Scrip-Safe to begin offering alumni and current students electronic access to their academic transcripts. While students have access to their unofficial transcripts via the university’s internal portal, the vast majority of graduates pursue licensure after finishing coursework. This “transcripts on demand” program will provide 24/7 access to ordering and will therefore dramatically expedite the licensure application process.
“We are so glad to be able to offer this to our current students and our alumni,” said Richmont’s Registrar, Roxanne Shellabarger. “Processing time is so much faster and students have appreciated being able to request an electronic transcript and it arrive in an inbox 30 minutes after it’s processed. We have had great feedback about the service from students and hope to find other ways to serve our students and alumni better in the future.”
Thus far, the university has experienced a smooth transition to this program. Some of the other benefits associated with electronic access include:
- The option to continue accessing paper copies of transcripts.
- The ability to store signatures on file.
- Not having to worry about forms getting lost in the mail or misplaced.
- The status of a request may be reviewed at anytime by logging onto Transcripts on Demand.
- The ability to record when transcripts were opened via secure links.
- The ability to provide email notifications regarding the status of orders.
Currently, transcripts may be ordered and paid for via Richmont’s web site or the Scrip-Safe ordering link. Deliveries are completed via Scrip-Safe’s Global Electronic Transcript Delivery Network and the U.S. mail system.
For more information, visit Richmont’s official transcripts page.